Laboratoires Expanscience, a company limited by shares with a board of directors (“société anonyme à conseil d’administration”) organized and existing under the laws of France, with a share capital of 3.081.420 €, having its registered office at 1 Place des Saisons – 92048 Paris La Défense Cedex (France), registered within the trade and company register of Nanterre under the number 331 930 081 and identified with the individual European VAT number FR 89 331 930 081 (hereinafter “Company”), is the editor of the website http://www.mustela.com and its local extensions including www.mustelausa.com (hereinafter “Website”).
Catherine D'Aragon, in her capacity as Managing Director of Laboratoires Expanscience, Inc. dba Mustela, is the Publication Director of this Website.
For any inquiries, please contact:
Laboratoires Expanscience, Inc. dba Mustela
60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
Laboratoires Expanscience, Inc. dba Mustela ("Mustela", "us", "we" or "our") and its Business Affiliates respect your privacy and are committed to handling and using Personal Information (as defined below) about you responsibly. The following information explains Mustela’s privacy practices and to inform you of our practices regarding collection, use and disclosure of information that you provide us or that we collect from you through our websites and other online mobile services, applications or advertisements (collectively hereafter "Mustela Website").
Business Affiliates include Laboratoires Expanscience and entities which are referred to on the Mustela Website or linked to the Website.
Your access of the Mustela Website for the limited purpose of reviewing this Policy does not constitute your acceptance of this Policy unless you make further use or access of the Mustela Website or Mustela’s Services.
"Personal Information" includes information such as your name, address, email address, or phone number and other information that is not otherwise publicly available (such as your date of birth, Social Security number and financial information). Please read this Policy carefully. When you visit the Mustela Website, as well as any links to the website of a Business Affiliate, you consent to the terms of this Policy and the information described set forth herein.
1. Personal Information That Is Collected:
By completing a request for information or products or services on the Mustela Website, Mustela and its Business Affiliates may collect Personal Information about you which identifies you as a customer, which creates and manages customer accounts (which may also be used for collection activity), to complete customer transactions and to better understand the products or services you may require as a customer. The information that is collected about you during your use of the Mustela Website includes information that you provide and information that is automatically collected. The information we collect may be collected directly by Mustela or by a vendor providing services to Mustela. The information that is collected may also be used for marketing products and services to you and to assist Mustela in evaluating customer markets and to create and enhance products and services that may be of interest to you and other customers. The collection of information also allows Mustela to comply with applicable regulations and laws and to protect the rights of its customers, users of the Mustela Website, Mustela employees, and its Business Affiliates.
2. Personal Information May Also Be Collected:
- If you access the websites of Business Affiliates though the Mustela Website;
- If you inquire about the products and services offered by Mustela and its Business Affiliates;
- If you log in to the Mustela Website to check the status of your order/account; or
- If you email us with to request information about your order/account or your Personal Information.
3. How Does Mustela Use the Personal Information That is Collected?
Mustela may use the Personal Information that you provide:
- To provide Mustela’s products or services;
- To reply to your inquiries about Mustela’s products or services;
- To create and manage customer accounts;
- To reply to your inquiries about your customer account and related information;
- To reply to your inquiries about our Business Affiliates;
- To send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications;
- To communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- To reply to your inquiries about Mustela’s policies and procedures;
- To anonymize personal information to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing anonymized information and other non-personal information;
- To supplement your Personal Information collected from you with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from Business Associates;
- To associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for providing relevant and easier access to content, advertising across browsers and devices, and other operational/business purposes;
- To operate, evaluate and improve Mustela’s business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our Services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
4. Will the Personal Information Provided to the Mustela Website be Shared?
Mustela may share the Personal Information that you provide by using the Mustela Website as set forth below:
- Mustela may share your name, address and information about your inquiries and transactions and experiences with the Mustela Website and with Mustela (including product interests and needs, and other facts about your order/account) with our Business Affiliates. The information that you provide may be shared to establish, administer, and manage customer accounts/orders, customer service and benefits, process transactions and statements, and engage in collections activities. Mustela may also disclose your Personal Information to outside vendors and companies that provide services or business operations for Mustela. Mustela may also share your Personal Information with companies retained by Mustela to provide marketing or promotional services for Mustela, and with other professionals, as well as companies, with which we engage in joint marketing efforts.
- Mustela may also disclose and share your Personal Information with advertising, marketing, or service partners, companies or other professionals for business purposes by Mustela and its Business Affiliates. If information is shared with advertising, marketing, or service partners, companies or other professionals, Mustela will require that these organizations follow Mustela’s standards concerning the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
5. California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 – the "Shine The Light" law – permits customers who are California residents to request and obtain, once a year and free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) that Mustela disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which information was shared in the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Laboratoires Expanscience, Inc. dba Mustela
60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
6. How Mustela Protects the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information:
Mustela will use reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration. Additionally, we endeavor to implement physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Mustela will not send requests for Personal Information to our customers. Mustela will not request Personal Information via standard email. Therefore, you should not transmit your Personal Information to us through email. It is important to note that no company can guarantee perfect online security. Please be careful and vigilant in your online activities.
7. Children’s Privacy Statement:
The Services provided by the Mustela Website are not intended for children under the age of 13. Mustela does not knowingly market Services or products to children under the age of 13 and Mustela does not collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If Mustela becomes aware that it has inadvertently received Personal Information from a user under the age of 13 through the Mustela Website, we will delete such information from our records.
8. Information we automatically collect (not Personal Information):
When you visit or browse the Mustela Website or the Services of Mustela or its Business Affiliates, we and our advertising, marketing, or service partners may collect information such as your Internet Protocol or “IP” address, the “URL” of the web pages you visit, and may use “cookies,” web beacons, or other objects to collect statistical and other information about your use of the Mustela Website and Services. This information is collected to improve the effectiveness of our Services and to conduct targeted advertising or marketing. The collected information may include, for example, information about your computer, its unique identifiers, and its configuration, the web pages you visited or mobile applications used; the date and time of your visit; the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our web site; your language preference; demographic and/or location-based information; and the popularity of various advertising words and phrases used by us. The collection of this information allows for the compilation of aggregate and anonymous information about the usage of our Services, and can help Mustela improve your use of our Services, for example, providing quick login, streamlining site navigation and maintaining up-to-date content for all users. Should you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may disable some of our Service's features.
9. Links to Other Sites:
Our Websites and Apps also include links to other websites and provide access to products and services offered by third parties, including Business Affiliates, whose privacy policies we do not control and for which we have no responsibility or liability. When you access another website or purchase products or services from a third-party or Business Affiliate, use of any information you provide is governed by the privacy notice of the operator of the site you are visiting or the provider of such products or services.
Questions Regarding Privacy:
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or your dealings with Mustela, please email Mustela at email@example.com.
UGC: @preendotme, @difalconi, @savvysoles, @lizadams, @dear.november.days, @taylorpilk, @lifeaskristinab, @britt.kav, @teal.snow, @gemma_marin, @mommy.diary, @mrs.happygilmore, @britt_horton, @stylestun, @laurmcbrideblog, @katrinavictoria, @_picklesandicecream_
Getty: Hisayoshi Osawa, LWA, Image Source Black, Tetra Images, George Doyle, Digital Vision, Andrew Olney, Frederic Cirou, Stella, Caroline Warren, LWA/Dann Tardif, Marcy Maloy, Frederic Cirou, Flying Colours, Experienced Skins, Andrew Olney, Glowimages, Nick White, Jose Luis Pelaez, Inc, IMAGEMORE Co., Ltd., Peter Augustin, OJO Images, Marc Debnam, Chris Ryan, PhotoAlto/Ale Ventura, Frederic Cirou, Elyse Lewin, Plush Studios, ICHIRO, George Doyle, Marcy Maloy, flashfilm, Stockbyte, Ned Frisk, Rich Legg, Glowimages, Jamie Grill, Image Source, Jessica Peterson, Gen Nishino, KidStock, Loop Delay, Rollover, carlp778, Tom Merton, Alex Bramwell, SHAKTI/a.collectionRF, Peter Augustin, Cindy Singleton, Westend61, moodboard, Blend Images, Photodisc, George Doyl, DAJ, Antenna, Lisa Stirling, Tom Merton, Jamie Grill Photography, KidStock, James Woodson, Matelly, Ozgur Donmaz, Radius Images, Alistair Berg, Hybrid Images, Sporrer/Rupp, Richard Drury, Absodels, Echo, Dmitry Mordvintsev, Mladen Mitrinović, Vladimir Godnik, Linda Epstein
Fotolia: Memo, Anatoliy Samara, Sergejs Rahunoks, 3dvin, mathom, WavebreakmediaMicro, lunamarina, Monkey Business, Blend Images, mbt_studio, hartphotography, Boris Ryaposov, UFO RF/a.collectionRF, JGI/Jamie Grill, auremar, Foodcollection RF, DenisNata
Corbis: John Lund/Drew Kelly/Blend Images, Brooke Fasani, Eric Cahan, Larry Williams, Tom Grill, Christina Kennedy, Vladimir Godnik, ImageShop, Tetra Images, Jamie Grill, image100, Ned Frisk Photography, ImageShop, Ocean, Drew Myers, Heide Benser, Jackstar/cultura, JGI/Tom Grill/Blend Images, Wavebreak Media LTD/Wavebreak Media Ltd., AleVentura/PhotoAlto
Istockphoto: Kati Neudert, Boguslaw Mazur, Paul Maguire, Leigh Schindler, Pascal Genest, Pedro Nogueira, Jacob Wackerhausen, Stígur Karlsson, mathompl, Alex Gumerov, Stanislav Komogorov, imagestock, irabell, hidesy, patrickheagney, firemanYU, PonyWang, hannamonika, Mark Bowden
Superstock: Maria Teijero
Graphic Obsession – Société ICONOTEC
Fotosearch – Brand X Pictures