Physical activity during pregnancy
Regular exercise during pregnancy is recommended for more than one reason! Exercise benefits your health in many ways:
- It improves your circulation and the oxygenation of your blood, reducing the risk of circulation problems.
- It limits your weight gain during pregnancy and helps you get back into shape after the birth.
- It reduces bloating and constipation, two problems that commonly appear during pregnancy.
- It helps reduce the tension in your back and joints.
- It relaxes you and helps you sleep better.
- It reduces the risk of gestational diabetes and hypertension.
- It reduces water retention.
- Finally, it can make the birth easier by improving your endurance and helping you to recover faster.