Sun Protection for Baby
Practical advice on protecting baby's skin from the sun:
- Your child's skin is immature, which makes it especially sensitive to external aggressions, particularly to the sun and its UV rays. It is important to limit sun exposure, and to protect the skin of children using high protection products which have been developed specifically for them.
- Avoid exposing young children to the sun during the hours when it is strongest (between 11AM and 4PM).
- Protect your child, even in the shade, under an umbrella or during cloudy weather: more than 80% of UV rays penetrate clouds
- Mineral filters optimize skin tolerance and are recommended for children and for anyone who presents allergic reactions to chemical filters.
- Choose a baby sunscreen product designed specifically for children, preferably containing mineral filters and with a High Sun Protection Factor (SPF) appropriate to his skin type.
- Repeat sun protection applications at least every 2 hours during exposure, and after swimming.
- Baby's skin is very delicate. Protect it with moisturizing products for the face or the body. If your baby's skin is dry use products with cold cream.