Preparing your baby's room
And for later…
As your child grows, his needs will change. For between one and three years of age, you can plan to add the following items to your baby’s room:
- A play mat on which your little one can play to his or her delight without the risk of getting hurt.
- A toy chest or cubby-holes with drawers that your child can open and close himself. Choose models that are at your child’s height, so that he can access them without difficulty, and even use them in play.
- A small children’s bookcase that displays books by cover rather than by binding. This way, your child can choose and look through his books himself.
- A small table and one or two small chairs for painting and drawing.
- A coat rack on which your child can hang up his clothes or pyjamas by himself.