Physical activity during pregnancy
The best activity types
- Walking, half an hour per day to stimulate blood circulation and increase your respiratory capacity.
- Swimming, in particular the backstroke, for relief from lumbar pain and accumulated tension.
- Yoga, for relaxation and improved respiratory capacity. Note, however, that certain yoga positions and more intense types of yoga are not recommended during pregnancy. Practice yoga with a professional who is experienced in working with expectant moms.
- Gentle fitness routines, under the supervision of a professional with knowledge of recommended exercise for expectant moms.
- Biking at moderate speeds and on flat terrain, until about the fifth month of pregnancy.