Your baby's motor development
At around 9 months
- From his sitting position you baby spins round on his bottom to face in another direction.
- Placed face down he knows how to get onto all fours (in a "bear" position), but he cannot yet manage to move forwards. On the other hand, he can move by crawling, leaning on his forearms. But first of all he moves backwards!
- He succeeds in standing for a few moments holding onto the rails of his playpen, a piece of furniture or your hand but he falls back into a sitting position.
- He grasps small objects between his thumb and forefinger.
- He holds his toys out to you and gives them to you.