Your baby's motor development
At around 6 months
- Placed on his stomach, he succeeds in rolling over onto his back.
- Lying on his back, he plays with his feet and takes them to his mouth. He also lifts his head and his torso to try and sit on his own but is unable to do so.
- He holds out his arms to you for you to pick him up.
- He holds his toys without a problem. He lets them go if you hold out another one for him.
- When you support him in a standing position, he makes bending and extending movements with his legs – like a spring: this is the "jumper" stage.