Your baby's motor development
At around 3 months
- Your baby can now hold his head straight when you hold him in your arms.
- His back is more toned when you hold him in a sitting position.
- If you lie him down on his stomach, he lifts his head and rests on his forearms for a few moments.
- Lying on his back, he takes turns in stretching and bending his legs.
- He is fascinated by his hands and he spends a lot of time looking at them.
- If you put a rattle in his hand, he automatically holds on to it then lets it go.