Your baby's motor development
At around 11 months
- Your baby can stand without support for a few moments.
- In a standing position, by holding on with one hand, he manages to lean over to pick something up from the floor.
- He can walk when you hold both of his hands or by holding onto furniture.
- You may be surprised by his "clown-like" gait with arms and legs spread wide but this amusing posture is perfectly normal and enables him to keep his balance. He will gradually reduce the space between his legs which will give him self-confidence and move from one support to another, letting go of them.
- He will point his finger at objects that interest him.
- He waves "goodbye" with his hand or claps his hands for "well done".