To relieve your baby
- Offer him a teething ring which he can bite into whenever he feels the need.
Some of them can be put in the refrigerator and preserve the cold which has a slightly anaesthetising effect.
- Your doctor can prescribe a soothing balm for massaging your baby's gums with or even a homoeopathic preparation.
- In the event of intense pain, you can give some paracetamol to your baby taking care to respect the right dosage for his weight.
- Nappy rash can also make your child suffer. To relieve him, let his skin breathe in the open air as much as possible, without a nappy. And pay particular attention to changing his nappy: gently clean his skin with a suitable product, delicately pat dry and then apply a special purifying, restructuring cream.
- Lastly, forget any of "grandma's" tips: never cut your baby's gums and do not rub them with sugar to help the tooth come through.