A safe home for your baby
In your baby's room
- Choose a firm mattress in the same size as the baby's cot or crib.
- Check that the space between the bars of your child's crib does not allow him to get his head stuck.
- Check that the furniture you have chosen satisfies child safety standards and is not covered with toxic paint or varnish: your child risks getting some in his mouth one day or another…
- Do not put lots of soft toys and other toys in his crib which could lead to a risk of choking. Your baby's security blanket or soft toy is enough for him to sleep with.
- Check that the furniture cannot topple over if your child holds onto it to stand up. If need be, attach the furniture to the wall.
- Do not place any lamp within the reach of your child.